2014 My 2nd Act Call for Essays!
Have you created a 2nd Act after your cancer diagnosis? Are you touching the lives of other survivors?
That"s what My 2nd Act essays are all about. And we want one from you!
Cancer drew a line in the sand of your life. What are you doing with the time you’ve been given and the wealth of experience you now possess? How are you lending a hand to your sister survivors?
It matters not whether your 2nd Act is large or small. Touching just one life is a story worthy of sharing with others. And your 2nd Act story of helping other survivors becomes valuable lessons to all who read them, who in turn can create their OWN 2nd Acts!
All submitted 2nd Act essays will be showcased in a powerful exhibit, prominently displayed at the 2014 National Women’s Survivors Convention. Convention attendees will have the opportunity to read the essays, and write notes on those that best resonate with them.
Going forward each year, more My 2nd Act essays will be added to the wall and displayed in full at all future conventions. And while we hope you will, you DO NOT have to attend the convention to submit an essay.
And here’s even bigger news:
One of the 2014 My 2nd Act essays will be chosen to receive the inaugural
Women Survivors Alliance My 2nd Act Award!
While every essay is a winner, the WSA will select one that best illustrates the spirit of a 2nd Act after cancer. The award will be presented at the National Women’s Survivors Convention on Saturday, August 2.
Be a part of SURVIVORville history! Submit an essay and tell us YOUR 2nd Act!
Here's how the My 2nd Act essay submission works!
1. Write a creative, memoir-style essay (1,200 words or less) that captures the essence how you're using the time and experience your cancer journey has helped other survivors experiencing their own cancer journey. That’s your 2nd Act, baby!
2. Please note: by submitting an essay, you agree that it becomes the property of the Women Survivors Alliance.
3. Submissions must be a Word document attachment to an email. Please write "My 2nd Act Essay Submission" in the subject line of the email and submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Questions? Feel free to submit them to the same address.
5. The deadline for submitting your essays is midnight CST, June 1, 2014.
Want to go bigger and bolder? Want to share your 2nd Act from the stage?