Calling all women cancer survivors!
Join the global call to action and be a part of "Survivorship: My Second Act" Showcase!
Sponsored by the Women Survivors Alliance, Martina McBride,Team Martina,
our featured keynotes, Empowerment Session leaders,
and U.S. and global cancer organizations
Share your thoughts with us by writing a creative, memoir-style essay (500 words or less) that captures the essence of this statement:
Cancer was the journey; survivorship was the destination.
Here's how I have used/am using what I learned from the experience.
This isn't a contest. We faced down the Big C - we’re already winners, right? As a survivor, you have the power to encourage those about to embark on their journey. What a great way to give to other women!
All of the submitted essays will be displayed in the Team Martina "My Second Act" Showcase at the National Women Survivors Convention, August 22 - 24, 2013, in Nashville, TN. Convention attendees will have the opportunity to read them all, and sign the essays that best resonate with them.
The showcase will then be transported to the Grand Ole Opry the night of the 24th and used as the backdrop for the convention’s closing concert, featuring the incomparable Martina McBride.
Here are the guidelines:
- Be Real. Be Yourself. Be creative with both your title and your essay.
- Again, this isn’t a contest, everyone is a winner. As they say in Nashville, "Y"all come!" And feel free to send us more than one entry. Please submit them separately and please remember the word count of 500 words or less for each.
- All entries must be received by midnight CST, July 31, 2013.
- You do not need to attend the convention to have your submission displayed. But we encourage you not to miss this fabulous opportunity of survivor education, motivation and life application! Register here.
- By sending us your submission, you agree that your entry(s) becomes the property of the Women Survivors Alliance, MartinaMcBride.com, and Team Martina.
We'd prefer you use this electronic form, but if you'd rather mail your entry, please submit it (and all the information above) to:
Women Survivors Alliance
PO Box 222
Brentwood, TN 37024